Budds’ Group of companies is committed to providing a barrier-free environment for our client, employees, job applicants, suppliers, visitors and other stakeholders who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. As an organization, we commit to applying the principles of dignity, independence, integration, and equal opportunity outlined inthe Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
We welcome feedback on the service provided to our clients with disabilities. Such requests can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at Client Service, 2454 South Service Road West, Oakville, ON L6L5M9
Our Multi- Year Accessibility Plan is as follows:
STATEMENT OF COMMITMENT
Budds’ Group of Companiesis committed to providing a barrier-free environment for our clients, employees, job applicants, suppliers, visitors and other stakeholders who may enter our premises, access our information, or use our services. Our organization is committed to applying the principles of dignity, independence, integration and equal opportunity outlined in the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (2005), and its associated standards and regulations.
ACCESSIBILITY POLICY AND MULTI-YEAR PLAN
- Budds’ Group of Companies’ Accessibility Policy and Multi-Year Planoutlines our ongoing plan to prevent and remove barriers to achieve accessibility;
- The plan will be provided in an accessible format upon request; and
- The policy and plan will be reviewed and updated once every five years.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION STANDARDS
Feedback, accessible formats and communication supports:
- Budds’ Group of Companies’ processes for receiving and responding to feedback are accessible and Budds’ Group of Companies will provide or arrange for the provision of accessible formats and communication supports upon request; and
- Upon request, Budds’ Group of Companies will provide accessible formats and communication supports for persons with disabilities in a timely manner and at no extra cost; and
- Consult with requesting persons as to the suitability of an accessible format or communication support.
Accessible Websites and Web Content
Budds’ Group of Companies controlled website(s) and web content published will conform with WCAG 2.0 Level AA.
- Budds’ Group of Companies notifies all job applicants and the public that accommodationsare available during the recruitment process on request;
- If an applicant requests accommodation, consults with the applicant to arrange for the provision of suitable accommodation that takes into account the applicant’s needs due to disability;
- When making offers of employment, notifies the successful applicant of company’s policies for accommodating employees with disabilities.
- Budds’ Group of Companies provides the appropriate training to all new and existing employees; and
- Training content complies with the requirements of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Ontario Human Rights Code as it pertains to persons with disabilities.
Accessible formats, accommodation plans and emergency response information
- Budds’ Group of Companies will inform applicants and employees of policies used to support employees with disabilities upon employment and if there are changes to existing policies on the provision of accommodations;
- Consult with the requesting employee to determine suitable accommodations and supports needed to perform the employee’s job; and
- Upon request, provide information about emergency procedures, plans or public safety in an accessible format or with appropriate support.
Performance management,career development, return to work and redeployment
- Budds’ Group of Companies will continue to consider the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities when providingperformance management and career development to employees with disabilities;
- Maintain a documented return to work process for employees who have been absent from work due to a disability and require disability-related accommodations; and
- Take into account the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities when reassigning employees within the company.
DESIGN OF PUBLIC SPACES
Budds’ Group of Companies will meet the requirements in the Integrated Accessibility Standards Regulation – Design of Public Spaces when redeveloping or constructing new public spaces. Budds’ Group of Companies will implement procedures to deal with temporary disruptions.
CUSTOMER SERVICE STANDARDS
The following measures are in place:
- Persons with disabilities are permitted to use personal assistive devices and/or support persons to access goods and services;
- Persons accompanied by service animals are permitted on premises, unless the animal is excluded by law from the premises;
- Notice of disruption to our services or facilities;
- Completion of accessibility training is tracked and recorded;
- Accessible feedback processes welcome feedback on the services provided to customers with disabilities;
- Upon request and in a timely manner, consult with requesting persons toprovide documents in an accessible format or with communication support that takes into account the person’s accessibility needs due todisability.